Monday, December 12, 2011

How much would a cleaning service charge to clean a 1600 sqr. foot home to get ready for auction?

The house was very dirty and had not been occupied. We had to throw out trash and make the house look presentable for open house. Their was no water, electricity, and it was way out in the country.|||Hello, I just thought I would help you out a little with this question. Most cleaning companies average about $20-$30.00 per hour per person. I own my own cleaning business, Sparkle 4 U, and I am very familiar with the place that you are describing and the time it may take to clean this place. I am not sure if you have really started the clean or are having someone clean it, but here are some factors. Ex. I cleaned a place that had been abandoned for over a year. although walking through the place it did not look that bad, the place was very dirty once I had stated this job. abandon places are usually filled with dead bugs under the fridge in the cabinets and in the window seals...etc. Refrigeraters need deep cleaning as well as ovens....and so on. These jobs call for long hours usually needing 1-2 people to do the job taking 5,10 and even 20hrs. depending on the condition. Also keep in mind, you also talked about getting rid of a lot of trash, that is an extra expense on top of the hourly. (disposal fee approx. $50.00-$75.00) The place I did for 15 hrs by myself cost $325.00, I should have charge more for the extras I had done, but I didnt want to go to far above the actual estimate of $250.00. Although cleaning companies base per hour, they actually guestimate the hours it will take to clean and give an estimate, sometimes going by an hourly rate can hurt you in the long run, because you will do more in an hour and get paid less. I have a website and you can look at some of the pics I have. I just did a place that was beyond dirty and it took 8 hours just in the kitchen and it wasnt even finished! Take a look! http://www.sparkle4u.webs.com/ I hope I was able to help!

No comments:

Post a Comment