Monday, December 12, 2011

How much can a catering service charge for food and deliver in taxes in PA? this guy is charging me like?

19% in taxes is that normal or ridiculous?





Details: I have a group of aprox 25 people and before the meeting we should provide dinner, he didnt know he had to fill out a W9 and was charging me like 135, but now that he knows he needs to fill out a w9 he is charging me 160. dollars.





is that fair?|||I always find it sad when the price suddenly goes up when the supplier knows there will be a paper trail and they can't cheat on their taxes.





"If you pay me in cash, I don't have to charge you sales tax."





Most don't even say "If you pay me in cash or by check, I'll give you a discount"--they'll say, "Oh, that was the cash price, I'll charge you 5% more if you use a credit card." Which is also illegal under their agreement with the bank.|||My mom owns her own catering business.


Sounds like you've just got a bad/inexperienced caterer.


If the agreement you signed says you pay $135, then that's all you should pay. However, if there was no set amount in the contract, then you more than likely have to pay the $160.





$160 is awfully cheap for 25 people though; you got dinner for less than $10 a person.





I wouldn't complain much and just don't use him again.|||Sales tax is 6%, or more if you are in Philadelphia or in the Pittsburgh area. A caterer typically adds on a 15% gratuity. The charge for food and delivery can be anything that you and the caterer agree to.|||If you get a catered meal for under $15 per person, that is a super bargain, unless they bring one sandwich and chips per person.

No comments:

Post a Comment