Thursday, December 15, 2011

How much should I charge for cleaning service at home?

I just started my own cleaning service after being laid off from my job. I got my first call, in the voice mail she said she is from the Plantation subdivision, so these are large homes. I was thinking about charging $60 for a regular cleaning. But she wants a cleaning ever week or every other week. So I know if that's the case I should go down on my price. Right? How much do you guys think I should charge?|||No, you don't go down in price! You dance with joy because you have a 'regular' client!


Seriously, I am not familiar with where you are located, and that plays a big part in calculating residential cleaning charges. It also depends on exactly what this person expects you to do each week and how big the house is (sq ft). Do you have a price chart for sq ft for general cleaning (vacuuming, dusting, counters, mop floors, bathrooms)? And a chart for add-ons-dishes, laundry, window cleaning, etc.?


Try to see if you can meet with her in person and ask what she is looking for. Ask what she has been getting and paying. Before you do that try calling some of your local cleaning businesses and ask what their hourly or per house rate is for what services. Some will try to set an appointment, just go on to the next one!


I have some resources for you on the Squidoo lens below. One for Residential that will give you everything-and I mean everything- you'll need to really get started right. Price charts, billing, contracts, finding customers and more. It's very reasonably priced, too!


I'm happy you're finding a great way to make a living since you've been laid off! Go get 'em!!|||free... :)|||Professional cleaners in my local area charge between $100 to $130 per day, even if they clean each week.











Quill

No comments:

Post a Comment